Please check the list of frequently asked questions - we may be able to answer your question here.
If not, please click the link at the end of this page to send us an Email.
- I have a specific question/comment about my local Ross Store. . .
Please call or visit the store manager. He or she will be glad to help you. If you prefer to send us an Email Click Here.
For store hours and phone number, please visit Store Locator.
- What is Ross return policy?
Ross Stores uses a refund verification system. All returns are subject to system verification. Please keep and use your receipt on all return and exchange transactions as there is a limit to the number of no-receipted refunds allowed by the system. A valid picture ID (Driver’s License, State Photo ID, Passport or Military ID) may be required and will be entered into the system for refunds. Please note that your refund may be declined by the system.
Refunds, store credit or exchanges will not be given on any merchandise that is used, worn or altered.
A five (5) day waiting period is required for a cash refund on all merchandise purchased with a check.
Full refund on merchandise (not used, worn or altered) accompanied by the original receipt within 30 days of purchase will be refunded in the same form of payment in which it was purchased.
Merchandise returns with a receipt older than 30 days will be exchanged or credited with store credit.
Merchandise returns without a receipt will require a valid picture ID and if approved by the refund system, will be refunded in the form of a store credit or exchanged at the item’s current selling price.
Refunds will not be given on software that has been opened. Exchange for like merchandise only if software is defective.
Retain the original register receipt for Gift Cards. Lost or stolen Gift Cards can only be replaced for the value of any remaining balance by presenting the original receipt.
Refunds, store credit or exchanges will not be given on select categories of merchandise without a receipt. Tickets may also be required in select categories. For a list of select categories, see the front of your receipt or ask your cashier.
- Is your Fine Jewelry return policy different than your regular return policy?
The Fine Jewelry return policy is the same as the store return policy with one addition - all Fine Jewelry return or exchanges must have the original ticket attached AND be accompanied by a receipt.
Merchandise can only be returned to Ross Stores with a Fine Jewelry Department. Click Here for a listing of those stores.
- Is your Swimwear and Lingerie return policy different than your regular return policy?
The swimwear and lingerie return policy is the same as the store return policy with one addition – all swimwear and lingerie returns or exchanges must have the original ticket attached.
- What if I have a customer payment issue?
If your issue relates to Bank Card, Gift Card or Merchandise Return Card, please visit Payment Related Issues.
If your issue relates to checks, please note:
- We accept personal checks.
- Checks must be imprinted with your name and street address.
- Checks must be made out to Ross for the amount of the purchases.
- A valid driver’s license or state photo I.D. must accompany all checks.
- A (5) day waiting period is required for a cash refund on all merchandise Purchased with a check.
- When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account.
- Funds may be withdrawn from your account the same day we receive your check. (PAYMENT BY CHECK CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS).
If your issue relates to returned checks please note our policy:
- Our collection firm is Certegy. Checks returned unpaid by your financial institution are subject to a Service Charge of $25 or the maximum allowed by law. Checks returned for insufficient or uncollected funds, together with Service Charges, may be debited electronically from your account or collected using a bank draft drawn from your account. Contact Certegy at 1-800-237-8764 with any questions concerning your returned check.
- Do Gift Cards and Store Credits expire?
There is no expiration on our Gift Cards or Store Credit.
Note: Protect your cards like cash. Ross is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.
- Can I order items online from Ross?
No, merchandise cannot be purchased online. The opportunistic and changing nature of our merchandise does not lend itself to selling over the Internet.
- Is a Ross catalog available?
No. We look for manufacturer close-outs. Our product mix is very broad and diverse. We do not buy large quantities of any one item and often do not have the same merchandise in every store, making it difficult to offer catalog shopping.
- What happens to merchandise that does not sell?
To make way for new merchandise, we regularly mark down slow selling merchandise. We continue to take markdowns on this merchandise until it sells through.
- Is it possible to buy your overstock or end of season merchandise?
No. Ross Stores does not offer any type of bulk sales of merchandise for re-sale. All purchases must be made in person in our stores.
- Can you help me locate merchandise?
We do not provide itemized merchandise searches. Because of the opportunistic and close-out nature of our buys, our systems do not track size or color. To maintain our great prices, we keep all aspects of our business simple.
- What is the Every Tuesday Club?
The Every Tuesday Club is a program exclusively for customers 55 years of age or older. Eligible customers are entitled to 10% off purchases made on Tuesday.
If you are eligible, you may sign up in store at Customer Service by providing an ID with your age or date of birth. The store will issue you a Tuesday Club Discount card.
Note: This discount is only good on Tuesday. (The card is non-transferable and the card holder must be present to receive the discount.)
- Can I use a tax exemption certificate to shop tax free at Ross?
Yes, if you are shopping on behalf of a charitable organization. For each shopping trip be prepared to leave a copy of your exemption certificate applicable to the state in which you are shopping with the cashier.
NOTE: If you are a Diplomat or other government representative with valid diplomatic identification & passport be prepared to leave a copy of your exemption document, government exemption card with the store.
- Does Ross accept resale certificate?
No, the company's policies and agreements with its vendors prohibit it from selling merchandise to any company or person that buys with the intent to resell the goods to someone else.
If your question is not addressed above, Click Here to send us an Email.